Friday 5 March 2010

The First Flight I Remember!

My name is James, and it's been quite a while since I had been on a plane. It was a really long time ago that I last passed out, more than a decade. It was pretty clear to me that something was wrong, yet I didn't feel or think that I was scared of flying, it just happened. Going back on to a plane was very low on my priority list, and decided to stay at home for holidays in future, may sound sad, but obviously it wasn't in the house. About 2 years into my marriage, it was time to face my fears and get on a plane, all that way to Egypt, a massive mission!

All I could do was remember moments of when i was on the plane and then waking up at the arrival desk... When I returned from my last holiday I passed out as well, however I have no idea why, and it was a while ago now, so I got a little scared! There was no way that my missus was going to let me get away from going on that plane. As far as i could tell, once i sat down everything was fine, I wasn't losing my mind, and my vision was going blurry, I didn't feel as though i was going to pass out or anything. Nothing seemed to unsettle me, even the noise of the massive engines under the planes wings didn't upset me!

I couldn't figure out why I didn't pass out this time, or why I passed out the last time, everything just seemed to be fine this time. I was actually getting pretty excited about my holiday now. I was really looking forward to getting to Egypt, and then jumping back on the plane. All of a Sudden there it was! Across the loud speakers, the Captain could be heard announcing that some heavy turbulence was heading our way. Things got really bad, the plane felt as though it was going to crack up in the sky, and there was even a light storm brewing outside. And then all of sudden it stopped, but my heart didn't. This was the only time that fainting would have been nice!

Egypt holidays turned out to be something I never returned to, next up was a choice between Maldives holidays or Sri Lanka holidays, both involve a aeroplane!

No comments: